Do you consider an Executive MBA programme as your next career step? Are you curious about what is taught in the 25+ Gothenburg Executive MBA modules? Then this is a unique opportunity to get a taste of the Gothenburg Executive MBA programme.
Professor Ashok Thampy from the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB) is one of our dedicated faculty members who teach in the Gothenburg Executive MBA Programme. On March 17, 2016, he will give a taste lecture on his teaching subjects Corporate Finance and Financial Markets. The taste lecture – free of charge for Executive MBA candidates – will introduce you to:
- a conceptual foundation for corporate finance,
- the main issues in financial decision making,
- the important financial markets and institutions and their role in aiding firms and individuals.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to get an overview of the Gothenburg Executive MBA programme in general, and the finance modules in particular. In addition there will be networking opportunities with other Executive MBA candidates.
07:30-07:50 Light breakfast buffet & mingle
07:50-08.00 Executive MBA programme overview & presentation of Prof. Thampy
08:00-08:45 Taste lecture by Prof. Thampy
School of Business, Economics and Law, Vasagatan 1, Göteborg
About Prof. Ashok Thampy:
Ashok Thampy is Associate Professor in Finance at the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIMB). His areas of interest are corporate finance, financial markets, banking, and regulation. Prof. Thampy holds a Ph. D. from the Krannert Graduate School of Management, Purdue University, Indiana, USA. Prior to joining IIMB, Prof. Thampy was at the Department of Finance, Bilkent University, Turkey. He has been a visiting professor to the Department of Economics at Santa Clara University, USA, and at the School of Business, Economics and Law at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden. At IIMB, he teaches corporate finance and banking in the Executive MBA and executive education programmes.
About the Gothenburg Executive MBA programme:
The Gothenburg Executive MBA programme is the only AMBA-accredited MBA programme in Sweden. It is a part-time management programme conducted in English over 21 months, that:
- Inspires you to access the latest thinking within management
- Challenges you to apply these new insights to your daily work
- Gives you a head start in succeeding in a globalised world
- Provides knowledge and skills to develop new business
- Creates valuable personal and professional networks
- Focuses on Nordic and Asian management