Application & admission
- Admission to the programme requires a completed Bachelor’s degree of which 90 hec (ECTS) are in one subject including 15 hec (ECTS) of independent work, or a professional degree with at least 180 hec (ECTS) or a corresponding foreign degree or on the grounds of extensive work experience and professional achievement equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree.
- Undergraduate studies in business administration are not a mandatory requirement for applicants. Participants originate from a wide range of educational and professional backgrounds, such as law, engineering, economics, architecture, and social sciences. Actually, the programme benefits from having a heterogeneous group.
- Admission to the programme is based primarily on your professional development after obtaining your undergraduate degree. The more successful that you have been in your career and professional development, the higher priority you will get in the admission process. This is why we stress the importance of including a detailed description of merits as well as your past and current areas of responsibility in your application.
- A minimum of three years of relevant professional experience is required. In recent years, however, successful applicants have had more than five years of professional experience.
- All applicants are expected to have full financial sponsorship from their employers.
Support from your employer is an important part of your application. When discussing with your employer, you may need to include the following topics in your dialogue: Is the timing right for you to undertake these studies? Will there be funding available? What will your personal development plan look like, spanning the 21 months of studies, and what are the options for your post-Executive MBA career within your organisation?
The School of Business, Economics and Law is available to actively support you in this dialogue. We are more than willing to meet your employer to explain the benefits of our Executive MBA programme. If you fulfill the above criteria, you are welcome to submit your application.
Submit your application in four steps
Graduating successfully from the 21-month programme will require both energy and careful planning. You also need to prepare yourself and your colleagues/family regarding all practical, emotional, and intellectual aspects. If you have not yet attended an Executive MBA Information Session, we encourage you to do so. Sign up for the next information session here.
- Complete the Application Form
- Obtain a Letter of Nomination from your employer
- Submit your current C.V. with a description of your current areas of responsibility
- Submit an official exam/transcript of relevant courses
Send your application to:
School of Business, Economics and Law
University of Gothenburg
Attention: Mr. Torbjörn Hansson
P.O. Box 609
SE-405 30 Gothenburg, Sweden
We recommend early application for the programme due to an anticipated high demand for places and therefore the need to process applications on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Admission notifications will be communicated to you within five weeks of submitting your application. If you have any questions about the application process, please feel free to contact us!